What I'll be showing you guys are two of the most perfect and easiest nail art design for summer! Strawberry and Watermelon nail art are both popular and pretty nail art design. Both are inspired by fruits and when I hear fruits, all I can think of is summer! haha These nail art designs can also go along together with your chosen summer fashion look. This is perfect for those who love the the touch of red and the aura of summer. These nails will have you people looking at your nails twice! Both are easy but of course you will need the right nail colors and tools. Most importantly, you need patience :) which always comes along in doing any form of artworks.
STRAWBERRY NAIL ART
- Paint your nails red. Or if you want to, you may use any shades of color close to red. Something that will resemble the base color of a strawberry, like pink!
- Now using a green nail polish, paint the strawberry leaves. I know it looks like it kinda hard to do but believe me, it's very easy. You just need a striper or a small brush to do it. If you don't have any brush or striper, check out is tutorial to make one: click here. I don't own any striper or brush too and that's the vid where I learned how to make mine.
- Next, using a dotting tool or a toothpick, paint the strawberry seeds. You can use a yellow or a white nail polish for your strawberry seeds. Draw small seed-like dots, spacing them evenly for a more strawberry like look.
- Finish off your strawberry nails by applying a colourless top coat. Make sure the colored nail polish were dry before doing so. In my case, I use a glittered colourless nail polish. It looks wondrous and I love it! :)
- Paint all your nails red. Let it dry.
- Paint your fingertips with a dark green color. Use a striper in doing so. Again, let the dark green color dry.
- Add a horizontal line of a lighter shade of green nail polish on top of the dark green polish.
- Paint a vertical thin white line under the green paint for a more watermelon-ish look :) hehe
- Add some evenly distributed black dots over the red paint for the watermelon seeds.
- Finish off by applying your favorite colourless nail polish after everything has dried out.