Halloween is just around the corner these days. Most people do celebrate it solemnly while others prefer a more loud celebration. Either way, celebrating Halloween is something that many of us looked forward to. As for me, I consider it as one of my favorite holidays. Partly because we do not have classes days before Halloween and also because I get to watch my favorite horror films with extra chills. lol
My family celebrates Halloween solemnly by praying, going to the cemetery, offering foods and prayers, etc. However, if you are celebrating Halloween in a form of a party, then here are two Halloween treats that I've prepared for you! These treats are very easy and very fun to make. Perfect if you are inviting some people to come over or if you just wanna chill with your family and friends like I would probably do.
Alright, let's start with the first treat. I call this treat "Frankencrackers", a chocolate covered crackers inspired by Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. You know the story right? It's one of the most celebrated work of literature. This treat is perfect if you are reading the book or if you are watching its film rendition. Cool right? Now let's get with its ingredients and of course, how to make these sweet scary treat. hehehe
- White easy melt chocolate buttons (I used the one from Goya)
- Green food coloring
- Melted dark chocolates (I used Rebisco's Krimstix)
- Plain unflavored crackers (I used Skyflakes crackers)
- Crushed chocolate biscuits
1. Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate buttons.
2. Once the chocolate buttons are already melted, drop a tiny amount of green food coloring in it. Don't put too much food coloring in order to duplicate Frankenstein's color.
3. Spread the green colored chocolate on top of your crackers.
4. Start decorating your crackers with crushed chocolate biscuits. Put some on top of the crackers. Not too much because we will use it as Frankenstein's hair.
5. Use your melted dark chocolates to create Frankenstein's eyes and mouth. I use the ones from Krimstix because I find it much easier to create the eyes and mouth just by creating a small hole from its plastic.
6. Refrigerate your crackers just enough to harden the chocolates again.
7. You may now share your Frankenstein inspired crackers and enjoy!
What you need:
- Melted white chocolate buttons (I also used the ones by Goya)
- Melted dark chocolates
- Chocolate chip cookies
1. Melt the white chocolate buttons.
2. Once the chocolates are melted, put some chocolates on top of your chocolate chip cookies using a piping bag.
***You may use any kind of cookies that you like, you may also use breads or biscuits for this as well. If you don't know how to make cookies or if you don't have time to make them, then you may use the ones from your favorite grocery stores just like what I did.
3. Refrigerate your cookies with the white chocolates in them to make the chocolates hard.
4. Once the white chocolates in your cookies are hard enough, start decorating them with ghost eyes and and mouth using some dark chocolates.
5. That's all you need to make your very own Haunted Cookies. Enjoy!
I hope you like these simple Halloween treats. Let me know if you wanna make your own version in the comment section below. If you have some suggestions, feel free to let me know as well.
Have a wonderful Halloween season! Thank you for reading :)