How to Dress for Summer
Just in case you don't know yet, I currently live in a country with incredibly unpredictable weather. One moment here in the Philippines, the weather can make you feel as upbeat as a Friday afternoon, and the next, it goes completely crazy like my Monday mornings.
Summer officially said goodbye two months ago, but somehow its unbearable heat never seems to leave. (Just like the love we used to have. Kidding! 😂)
Jokes aside, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about once you visit the Philippines. It's not that I'm complaining. After all, the country has always had a tropical climate. But there are days when the heat here is simply unbearable.
That's why, if you ever plan to visit, you might want to leave some of your coats and sweaters at home. Instead, pack a few comfortable summer dresses that will help you stay cool and fresh throughout the day. Of course, choose outfits that make you feel comfortable and confident while still being appropriate for the activities you have planned.
Trust me, your future sweaty self will thank you! 😄
I know you guys wouldn't want to feel sticky and stressed-out during summer or on any regular hot days of your life, so here are three tips on how you can dress for summer:
I probably don't have to explain this one any further because we all know how important it is to wear lightweight clothing during the hot season. Breathable fabrics, such as chiffon, can help keep you cool and comfortable throughout the day, so you don't have to worry about feeling sticky or overheated.
This white sleeveless pleated mini dress by SURESONG is a perfect example. It's light-colored, made from chiffon, and ideal for warm weather. What I love most about this dress is its simplicity and charm. The design is clean, elegant, and effortlessly stylish. Just look at it. How cute is that?
This second tip may seem to contradict the first, but light-colored clothing doesn't always work well for people who tend to sweat a lot. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing lighter colors, but one drawback is that they can make sweat stains more noticeable. And let's be honest, nobody wants that!
Fortunately, the solution is simple. You can layer your light-colored top with a patterned piece to help conceal any visible sweat marks. For example, if you're wearing a white chiffon top, try pairing it with a printed kimono made from a similarly lightweight and breathable fabric.
Printed clothing is a great choice for summer. Just make sure the pieces you choose are made from breathable materials to help keep you cool and comfortable throughout the day.
This red long-sleeve asymmetrical off-the-shoulder midi dress from Since Then is a perfect example. Not only does it feature a beautiful print, but the off-the-shoulder design also adds a fun and stylish touch that's perfect for the season!
This is a post about dressing for summer, so why am I recommending dresses with sleeves?
Climate change continues to affect our planet, and no matter where you are, you've likely experienced or witnessed its effects in one way or another. Because of this, skin experts often encourage us to protect our skin from excessive sun exposure whenever possible. Sure, there are plenty of sunscreen products available, but wearing clothing that provides extra coverage can also help protect your skin from the sun's harsh rays.
This yellow floral-print shirt-collar chiffon swing maxi dress perfectly illustrates what I mean. Not only does it offer additional coverage, but it also looks effortlessly stylish. And let's be honest, aren't maxi dresses always a great fashion choice? Just ask Rachel Zoe. Lol.
Those are just a few basic tips, and I'm sure you've heard some of them before. I'm simply playing the role of a friendly reminder here. Haha!
If you'd like to discover more dresses similar to the ones featured above, be sure to visit StyleWe.com. For even more #OOTD inspiration, check out their Pinterest and Twitter accounts for styling ideas, updates, and promotions.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead.
How about you? How do you dress to stay comfortable during hot and humid weather? Let me know your tips and secrets in the comments below. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me! 😉
love lots,
Tin




I love it the second dress darling
ReplyDeleteCute picks
xx
www.sakuranko.com
I love the tips and the second dress is stunning
ReplyDeleteI actually think it makes sense to wear long sleeves to protect ourselves from the sun. When I first saw people wearing long sleeves in Summer, I was surprised but now I understand it. That dress with long sleeves is gorgeous, I would totally wear it, even in Summer. Besides, there is often a breeze in the evening, hence long sleeved options are needed during the Summer .
ReplyDeleteWonderful selection dear. Here the weather has been bipolar lately too.
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/
Love the last dress, 'tin. It's classic.
ReplyDeleteIt is actually hood to learn something what women should wear as the fabric might be good for men too. I have this allergy to some cloth thus the need to try shirts or trousers on. And you are right, long sleeves do help thus I am always wearing a light jacket, in summer!
ReplyDeleteThese dresses look so pretty and unique. My favorite is the second dress! Love its style and color. :) Hope to hear from you soon! x
ReplyDeleteLove, Airish
Gorgeous Glance
http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com
Hi Tin! :)
ReplyDeleteWe barely had any summer this year. I think that we only had two weeks of true heat, which by the way I loved completely since I love hot weather! Most of the days in July and August were so cold and gloomy :/ I even caught a cold which resulted in an ear infection. :/
Nevertheless, in those few hot days I did manage to pull out my favorite summer clothes which surely fall into the categories you stated above.
I really loved this post and found out few tips that I'll surely use in the next summer.
Meanwhile, I guess it's time to excited for fall! :)
www.callmemaddie.com
I really like your tips, Tin! And I agree with Maddie - here, in some countries of Europe, we barely had any summer in this year, so your advices will be very helpful in next year, I'll keep them in my mind, especially to wear something with long sleeves, it will be the best way to protect skin from the heat! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://crafty-zone.blogspot.com
<3<3 I had to read this article one more, because Summer is determined to stay here:)
ReplyDelete