Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick in Seeker Review

Maybelline SuperStay Matte Lipstick in Seeker Review
It hadn't been long since I started trying Maybelline lipsticks again. While I had enjoyed some of the brand's products in the past, I wasn't particularly impressed with their lipsticks. I had tried a few of them before, and unfortunately, my experience wasn't very positive.

However, when Maybelline launched its SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipsticks, my curiosity was immediately piqued. Perhaps it was because I admired one of the brand's celebrity endorsers, or maybe it was due to the many promising reviews I had read online. Whatever the reason, I decided to purchase one of the SuperStay lipsticks while shopping online, and it turned out to be a great decision.

From the moment I tried it, I could understand why so many people were raving about the product. Its long-lasting formula, impressive pigmentation, and comfortable wear quickly made it one of my favorite lipsticks.

Maybelline SuperStay Matte Lipstick in Seeker Review
Product Description:
 SuperStay Matte Ink™ Liquid Lipstick delivers a flawless matte finish in a range of richly saturated shades.

Claim:
 Enjoy up to 16 hours of saturated liquid matte color. SuperStay Matte Ink™ features a unique arrow-shaped applicator for precise application and is available in a variety of intensely pigmented shades.

Packaging:
 The lipstick came sealed in plastic packaging with no box included. No frills, no extra packaging, just the product itself. The tube is made entirely of plastic, which I don't mind at all. I actually like its sleek design, and I find it easy to store alongside my other lipsticks.

Price:
 I purchased mine from an online beauty store in the Philippines called BeautyMNL for PHP 299 (approximately USD 5.81). On the brand's website, the lipstick retails for around USD 9.00, excluding shipping fees. Considering its quality, pigmentation, and long-lasting formula, I think it's reasonably priced and offers great value for a drugstore lipstick.
Maybelline SuperStay Matte Lipstick in Seeker Review
Maybelline's SuperStay Matte Ink lipsticks are available in a wide range of shades, which can make choosing just one a little overwhelming. However, each shade is beautiful in its own way, and I love that Maybelline has given them all unique and creative names.

Initially, I was tempted to choose a shade based on its name, but the ones I liked didn't quite suit my preferences. Instead, I decided to focus on finding a color that would complement my skin tone. I was looking for something versatile enough for everyday wear, neither too bold nor too subtle.

After browsing through the collection, I eventually settled on Shade 245, Seeker. And honestly, I couldn't be happier with my choice. It's a lovely everyday shade, and the name is pretty interesting too, don't you think?

Maybelline SuperStay Matte Lipstick in Seeker Review
Here's what it looks like when applied to the lips:
Maybelline SuperStay Matte Lipstick in Seeker Review
The color closely matches the shade of the lipstick tube, which is a huge plus. More importantly, Seeker is a beautiful shade that complements my skin tone perfectly. I believe it's a highly versatile color that suits a wide range of skin tones, from fair to deep, making it an excellent choice for many lipstick lovers.

Maybelline SuperStay Matte Lipstick in Seeker Review
I really like the applicator that comes with this lipstick. It's longer than a typical lipstick applicator, making it easy to apply the product evenly across my lips. One or two swipes are more than enough to achieve full, even coverage.

💐 PROS:

🌹 Available in a wide variety of shades
 🌹 Highly pigmented
 🌹 Affordable and easy to purchase, especially online
 🌹 Long-lasting (the product doesn't bleed or budge once it has settled on the lips)

💐 CONS:

🥀 None so far :)

Overall, I absolutely love Maybelline's SuperStay Matte Ink Lipstick in the shade Seeker. It has become my go-to lipstick, and it truly lives up to its SuperStay claim. It stays on my lips all day without requiring any touch-ups.

Based on my experience, the lipstick only faded under the following circumstances:

1. Swimming in the sea.
 Apparently, it can't withstand seawater.

2. Eating food with vinegar-based sauces.
 I suspect this has something to do with the acidity of the vinegar.

Aside from those two situations, I haven't experienced any of the common issues often associated with lip products, such as tugging, excessive dryness, or cracking. Moisturizing my lips before application probably plays a significant role in this. Since the lipstick has a matte formula, I would still recommend keeping your lips well-moisturized, as it may have a tendency to feel slightly drying over time.

I would definitely recommend this product, and I'd love to try some of the other shades available in the same line. I'm also interested in trying Maybelline's latest lip tints, which many beauty enthusiasts are currently raving about!

Have you tried this lipstick before? How was your experience? Let me know in the comments section below.


love lots,
Tin

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I love the shade on you, Tin. I haven't tried any maybelline products pa ayy pero excited ko ani.

    https://sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.