Believe it or not, I started seriously shaping and filling in my eye brows when I was on my senior year in college. I don't even like to do something with my brows at that time, but I have to since the makeup artist who did my makeup for my graduation photo shaped them. Ever since my eye brow hairs, started growing at that time, of course I have to do something about them to keep them neat. That's when I started plucking my eye brows to shape them.
I do not claim that I own "perfect brows" but I got to say that I'm proud how neat my eye brows looked like. I don't believe "perfect brows" exist by the way. I think we have to adjust the color and their shape according to shape of our face. For instance, I do have a round face, so I have to arch them a bit at the end.
For my everyday eye brow routine, I use Maybelline's FashionBrow, the applicator that comes along with it and a spoolie brush. I don't use concealer to clean up or highlight the ends of my eye brows. This is how I do my eye brows and if you'd like to know how I do my brows, here's a tutorial that I've prepared for you:
I have labelled the shades in Maybelline's eye brow pallette with letters a,b and c. I placed them in the part of my brows where I apply those shades.
1. Start by brushing your brows with a spoolie brush.
2. Start by building the arch of your brows and draw your first line from the arch to the tail end. You may use any shade that suits your brows, but in my case, I use the darkest shade (letter a ) in my eye brow pallete just because I noticed that it's the part that fades first.
3. Draw another line from the beginning of your brows and connect it to the lines starting from your arch.
4. Start filling in the middle part of your brows with a lighter shade (letter b) than the one that you used in your arch.
5. Fill in the beginning of your brows with yet another lighter shade (letter a).
6. Grab your spoolie brush and brush your eye brows again to eliminate some harsh lines and to blend the colors that you use in your brows. That's also to make your eye brows look more natural.
Viola! now you have a neat looking brows! Here's a before and after photo of my brows:
The lighting in the photos looked different as I took them in different rooms hehehe.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial. Feel free to share them to someone you knew who needs extra help in the eye brows department too. lolx